Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesdays With Morrie


Usually when it comes to books I just read it because I have to, but when it comes to the novel "Tuesdays With Morrie" by  Mitch Albom, I was instantly hooked and honestly couldn't put the book down. Morrie is an inspiration to everyone and even opened up my eyes with his belief, friendship, and his true calling in life and how to not take anytime or anything for granted. But what touched me about this book is that he reminded me of my grandfather, because of his strength, wisdom, passion, and his overall outlook on life. The final days of Morrie's life is the same way my grandfather left this world, so it truly hit a soft spot in my heart. This novel taught me how to not be afraid of getting older, and to reach for my dreams. Morrie taught Mitch that there is no such thing as "too late." Even if you have broken friendships, and career troubles, it is not too late to make yourself happy and to forgive everything in your past. Morrie taught us all to not take advantage of the little things in life instead enjoy the little things whether its from the plants outside, the weather, and the people you love who surround you. This is absolutely one of my favorite books to read, and I keep on telling those around me they need to read it, because it will change you life.

2 comments:

  1. to be honest I really agree with you! I only read books because I was told to, but this one caught my interest too. I loved the photo of Morrie and Mitch and I really think you did a good job o this post!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can totally tell you loved this book. I liked how you mention forgiving things in our past, I personally have troubles forgiving the ones that have hurt me but life is too short to hate people. I can see the passion in your words and agree with everything.

    Great Post Celeste!

    ReplyDelete